...music you should know.

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Better Than Ezra - "Return of the Post Moderns" (1996)

No it’s not an April Fool’s joke (as if anyone would be amused,) I’m actually going to try this again. I can’t guarantee that I won’t have file hosting problems this time around, but I decided to give it a shot. I chose today’s song mainly based on its title, since this is my return to the blogosphere (don’t you hate these made up internet words?) Better Than Ezra is an amazing band from New Orleans that I’ve been liking ever since I realized early on that I liked rock music. Today’s song comes from their 1996 sophomore release Friction, Baby which is probably my favorite overall album of theirs. The lyrics to “Return of the Post Moderns” are slightly above gibberish, only because they are comprised of actual words. However the stringing together of said words is quite nonsensical. Actually all of the words in some way relate to post modernism, just don’t ask me to explain phrases like “Catch hand nal on Banlon, Shiver Martin Sheen.” You can check the lyrics yourself here. Even if you don’t know exactly what you’re singing along to, you have to admit it’s catchy.


Better Than Ezra - "Return of the Post Moderns"

No comments:

Post a Comment