...music you should know.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Twothirtyeight - "The Sticks Are Woven In the Spokes" (2002)

Twothirtyeight was a great indie rock band on Tooth & Nail Records. Along with Further Seems Forever, Twothirtyeight got me interested in Tooth & Nail and I’ve been a fan ever since. Today’s song comes from Twothirtyeight’s final album You Should Be Living, which came out in 2002. This song was playing in heavy rotation on KXUL when I started working there in December of 2002 and it immediately hooked me. I got the album for Christmas and loved it. I went back and got all of the band’s previous work, but I still have to say this album is their best work. The band parted ways sometime in 2003, but front man Chris Staples didn’t stop making music. He released a few solo acoustic EPs under his own name and in 2005 released the album Psychology under the name Discover America. You can hear a song from that album here. Staples is still working on new music as Discover America, but hearing today’s song again makes me wish Twothirtyeight would make another album together. I guess I can only hope.


Twothirtyeight - "The Sticks Are Woven In the Spokes"

No comments:

Post a Comment