...music you should know.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Grandaddy - "El Caminos In the West" (2003)

Grandaddy was a pretty cool indie rock band from California. They released four studio albums in their duration as a band, along with several EPs and appearances on compilations discs. I was first introduced to them in 2003 after hearing “Now It’s On” the first single from their third album Sumday. I was taken in by the catchy guitar hook, the cool keyboard elements and singer Jason Lytle’s unique voice. I was intrigued, but not sold until I heard today’s song on The World CafĂ© with David Dye. “El Caminos In the West” conjures images of just that: driving across the desert with the windows down. For some reason, I always match certain songs with certain times of the year and this is definitely a Spring driving song. Grandaddy released one more album in 2006 entitled Just Like the Fambly Cat and called it quits shortly thereafter. I didn’t hear very much from that record but I can say that Sumday is definitely worth checking out.


Grandaddy - "El Caminos In the West"

No comments:

Post a Comment