...music you should know.

Sunday, April 6, 2008

VAST - "One More Day" (2007)

VAST is a band that I’ve featured before. The band mainly consists of Jon Crosby who plays several instruments and of course sings. They recently released their fourth studio album April in the fall of 2007. I had known it was coming out but hadn’t heard much about it. I only randomly found out that it had actually been released. I first heard today’s song in the most recent episode of Smallville. I knew I recognized the voice and sure enough it was VAST. This song showcases the much lighter side of the band and is a far cry from some of the more industrial rockers they’ve released over the years. I haven’t listened to all of April yet, but from what I’ve heard most of it has the same feel as this song. I really love the use of strings and steel guitar in “One More Day.” Yes this song is sad and it was used to great effect in the Smallville episode. Hopefully that will give VAST some more exposure to the masses. They definitely deserve it.


VAST - "One More Day"

No comments:

Post a Comment