...music you should know.

Friday, April 25, 2008

Blink-182 - "All of This" (2003)

I’ve been a casual Blink-182 fan since seeing the hilarious videos for “What’s My Age Again?” and “All the Small Things” from their breakout record Enema of the State. I liked them alright but I had never purchased an album or anything. I even liked all the singles from their next album Take Off Your Pants and Jacket, especially “Stay Together for the Kids.” I guess it was when I heard “I Miss You” from their 2003 self titled album that I decided I needed to get that record. Blink really outdid themselves on what would end up being their final album together. It seemed much darker overall than anything else I had ever heard from them. Some standouts included “Obvious, “Stockholm Syndrome,” and today’s song. “All of This” has one of the catchiest guitar licks on the album and some excellent percussion courtesy of Travis Barker. Oh, and it features vocals from Robert Smith of The freakin’ Cure. It’s one of the best collaborations I’ve heard in a long time. Of course you know that Tom Delonge has now started another band called Angels & Airwaves and they’ve released two albums. Meanwhile Mark Hoppus and Travis Barker have started a band called Plus 44 and they’ve released one record. I enjoyed the new music from each of these bands, but I still hope Blink will some day reunite to make the follow up to Blink-182.


Blink-182 - "All of This"

No comments:

Post a Comment