...music you should know.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Frames - "Fake" (2004)

The Frames are a cool rock band from Ireland. I can’t really claim to know that much about them other than they’ve been around since the early 90s and have released several albums. I know they are a favorite of one of my favorite singer/songwriters Damien Rice. Today’s song comes from their 2004 album Burn the Maps. “Fake” is a standout song on this record because it is probably the most rocking and the catchiest as well. The lyrics are great and I think you’ll really dig it. At the end of last year, it seemed every film critic was raving about a little Irish movie named Once. As I looked into that movie I learned that it was directed by ex-Frames bassist John Carney and the star of the film is none other than Frames lead singer and songwriter Glen Hansard. As you may know, Hansard and co-star Marketa Irglova recently won the Oscar for best original song from a motion picture for the track "Falling Slowly." Once has been on my list of movies to see for a while now and I’m definitely going to have to check it out.


The Frames - "Fake"

No comments:

Post a Comment