...music you should know.

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Hot Rod Circuit - "Stateside" (2007)

Hot Rod Circuit was a band that I was always somewhat aware of but never really listened to. They started out on Vagrant Records which was also home to some of my favorites like The Get Up Kids, Dashboard Confessional, Hey Mercedes and Moneen. I had heard a couple of Hot Rod Circuit songs, but they didn’t really stand out that much to me. Today’s song comes from their most recent album The Underground Is a Dying Breed. The title is kind of ironic because it was their first release on Immortal Records which is a bit of a step up from the more underground Vagrant, and also because it ended up being their last record together. I heard “Stateside” the other day on the radio and at first I thought it was kind of whiny and emo, which it is, but three hours later I still had the chorus stuck in my head. Since then I’ve listened to it several times and I can’t get enough. When I was looking up Hot Rod Circuit, I came across the video for this song. I immediately remembered that I had seen it several months ago and thought it was hilarious and that the song was pretty cool, however I must have forgotten about it. The band played their last show back in December after having been together fro over ten years. They stated on Myspace that they are compiling a b-sides album that will come out some time soon. I’m usually not one for the internet rumor mill, but I saw in more than one place that Hot Rod Circuit singer Andy Jackson could be replacing Fred Mascherino as guitarist and second vocalist in Taking Back Sunday. I guess time will tell, but until then you can rock out to the pedal steel guitar in this song.


Hot Rod Circuit - "Stateside"

No comments:

Post a Comment