...music you should know.

Monday, April 14, 2008

David Crowder Band - "You Are My Joy" (2005)

David Crowder Band is a band I’ve featured before. In that post I noted how they always bring something new and fresh to the genre of worship music. I had the pleasure of seeing these guys at the Passion conference in Atlanta this past weekend. It was an amazing time of worship and teaching from the word of God. If you’re not familiar with Passion, you can check them out at 268generation.com. (268 is derived from Isaiah 26:8) They’ve been around for eleven years now, leading conferences putting out CDs and as leader Louie Giglio puts it “making the name of Jesus famous.” They’ve been getting bigger every year and this year they will be heading out on a world tour that will span six continents, going to cities like Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia as well as Mexico City and Tokyo. You can also keep up with them on the 268 Blog. (I’ve added it to my sidebar as well.) In addition to David Crowder Band, there was also amazing music from Chris Tomlin and Charlie Hall. While they did a great job, I have to say that Crowder was definitely my favorite musically. There were several songs that I was hoping they would play live and some of them they did, but the one I really wanted to see was today’s song, from their 2005 album A Collision. During their second set, they played it and it was absolutely amazing. The build up in this song is excellent and when you hear the bridge, imagine 10,000 people humming along with the violin melody.


David Crowder Band - "You Are My Joy"

No comments:

Post a Comment