...music you should know.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Statistics - "Final Broadcast" (2005)

The handful of you that have been paying attention may have noticed that I’ve not posted in a week. I’ve been having lots of headaches with the website I used to host the mp3s you hear here. It seems that every song I’ve posted up to this point has mysteriously disappeared. Just click on any of the play buttons and you’ll see that they don’t work. It’s quite frustrating to be honest. I could go back and re-upload the 158 songs, but then there’s no guarantee they won’t disappear again. I’ve said all that to say that I’ve decided to put an end to this. I’ve tried to find other hosting sites, but I haven’t come across any that give me what I need and are free. I really didn’t want to spend any money on this. It also seems that I’m too busy (lazy?) to post every day. I don’t want to keep doing this if it’s going to be sporadic. So now here is my final song, and a fitting one at that. The site I’m using is working temporarily so I uploaded this while I had the chance, but who knows how long it will stay there.
Statistics is the brainchild of Denver Dalley, a musician from Omaha who used to play guitar in Desaparecidos, a band fronted by Conor Oberst from Bright Eyes. Statistics have released two full lengths and an EP, the most recent being 2005’s Often Lie. The album has some great rock tunes and today’s is probably one of my favorite overall songs from the past five years. I guess I connect with it because it’s about the radio and that’s what I did all during college. This was actually the last song I played my last day at KXUL.
So here it is, the end of my blogging run. I wish it would’ve lasted a little longer, but I probably would’ve run out of songs eventually anyway. I won’t say that I’ll never pick this back up, but I’ll have to find a more stable hosting site or just get my own server or something. If any of the five of you who read this know of a good site with free storage, let me know. It’s been fun subjecting you to my taste in music and hopefully you found something you didn’t already know about. I’ll leave you with the chorus from today’s song: “This will be my final broadcast, you could say we’re switching formats. I’m signing off for one last time, so thanks.”


Statistics - "Final Broadcast"

No comments:

Post a Comment