...music you should know.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Tyler Read - "January" (2006)

I was first introduced to Tyler Read nearly three years ago. In February 2005 I saw them open for Anberlin. Normally when I go to a concert where I don’t know the opening acts, I don’t pay a lot of attention. That was kind of the case, but I couldn’t help but notice that Tyler Read weren’t half bad. At that point, the band was still unsigned and they were doing supporting gigs behind their independent EP The Light, the Glass, the Transparency. I friend of mine bought the EP and I listened a few times. It was pretty good. A particular song named “New Year” stood out above the rest and remembered them playing it live. It was a very catchy tune with a huge chorus. After a while I kind of forgot about them. In late 2006, the band signed with Immortal Records and earlier this year they released their debut full length Only Rock and Roll Can Save Us Now. “New Year” was not on the new record, but it did see another form of re-release. The song was renamed “January” and was included on A Santa Cause 2. From what I remember of the EP version, this sounds like an all new recording with some added bells or chimes at the beginning. This is a great song for the New Year and I promise it will be the last Christmas/New Year’s themed song on this blog for at least another 11 months.


Tyler Read - "January"

No comments:

Post a Comment