...music you should know.

Monday, November 5, 2007

Radford - "Closer To Myself" (2000)

Radford is a band I first encountered in late 2000 when I heard today’s song on the local college radio station. Something about this tune grabbed me and it’s one of those that I was always hoping would come on. In fact I probably have a cassette tape (remember those?) somewhere with this on it that I taped off the radio. This was also one of the first songs I downloaded off the original Napster (remember that?) However, I eventually did the right thing and bought the CD. You should as well. Radford have a great modern rock sound that was popular in the late 90s and early 00s but they never really saw a huge radio hit. After some label troubles, the band took their time coming out with a new album and finall emerged with Sleepwalker in late 2003. Sleepwalker is probably my favorite of their two records, having a more aggressive sound overall. Little has been heard from them since that release although they did put out a digital-only EP entitled Black Out the Sun last year which I haven’t yet heard, but you can purchase here. Their official website seems to be defunct and their Myspace hasn’t been updated in a while, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we haven’t heard the last of Radford.


Radford - "Closer To Myself"

No comments:

Post a Comment