...music you should know.

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Hem - "The Part Where You Let Go" (2007)

I don’t know if it’s a good or bad thing when I start to like music I hear on commercials. Apple has made a few hits with their iTunes and iPod commercials over the years, but I found today’s artist in a more unlikely commercial. I first heard of Hem when their song “Half Acre” was being used in a Liberty Mutual commercial last year. I think Liberty Mutual sells insurance or something, but the commercial does little to confirm that. All I knew was that I dug the song and I poked around online and found out who it was. A couple months ago I saw another Liberty Mutual commercial which had a cool song on it. I saw several times before I decided to see who it was. It didn’t cross my mind that it could have been the same band, but of course it was. “The Part Where You Let Go” comes from Hem’s latest EP Home Again, Home Again and is a great slice of indie folk rock. I’m a sucker for a great female voice and lead singer Sally Ellyson has just that. I’ve yet to buy a CD from Hem but I definitely plan on it because based on what I’ve heard, they can’t be bad. Maybe putting your music on a commercial isn’t such a bad thing after all. Otherwise I wouldn’t have known about Hem.


Hem - "The Part Where You Let Go"

No comments:

Post a Comment