...music you should know.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Longwave - "Tidal Wave" (2003)

Longwave are a cool indie band from New York City that came up about the same time the Strokes were leading the hipster movement earlier this decade. For some reason Longwave seemed to always be mention along with The Strokes, I guess because they played shows together early on, but for me that’s where the similarities end. I haven’t really listened to all of Longwave’s work but they don’t really recall the 70s like The Strokes do, instead having a little more polish and pop sensibility. I first heard today’s song from their 2003 album The Strangest Things when I saw the video on MTV2 (back when they actually played videos.) It’s a very interesting, one-shot video filmed on a rollercoaster and of course the song’s not half bad either. Since then the band has released an EP and another full length entitled There’s a Fire. Both have some good songs, but this remains my favorite.


Longwave - "Tidal Wave"

No comments:

Post a Comment