...music you should know.

Friday, November 23, 2007

Jonezetta - "Communicate" (2006)

Jonezetta hail from the deep south of Clinton, Mississippi, but you wouldn’t know it from their brand of indie dance rock. Their debut album Popularity is filled with tracks that make you want to move. I first heard of them in early 2006 when I learned they had signed to Tooth & Nail Records and would be going out on the Tooth & Nail Tour. I downloaded their Four Songs EP and was immediately hooked. I was looking forward to seeing them on the tour and I kind of thought I might be one of the only ones in the crowd that knew the songs. I was wrong because nearly everyone singing along as Jonezetta made the most of their short set and blew the lid off the place. Today’s song is one that was on Four Songs but like the others was re-recorded for Popularity. “Communicate” is one of the more mid-tempo tracks on the album but is one of my favorite, largely because of the excellent bridge. Jonezetta could easily be dominating the airwaves and I’m sure they will before they’re done.


Jonezetta - "Communicate"

No comments:

Post a Comment