...music you should know.

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Caedmon's Call - "Thankful" (1999)

I mentioned Caedmon’s Call in a previous post that featured Derek Webb, who used to sing and write in the band. The band comes from Houston and has been a big name in the Christian market since the mid 90s. They have a mostly acoustic sound, kind of akin to Jars of Clay. Webb recently rejoined the band for their latest album Overdressed, which came out back in September. Today’s song come from my favorite album of theirs, 40 Acres which is their second full length. The album features some of their best tracks like “Table for Two” and “Faith My Eyes.” Since today is Thanksgiving I could think of no better song than “Thankful.” It was written by Webb and is an expression of thanks to God for giving us a Savior since we are “incapable of doing any good on our own.” I can’t think of a better thing to be thankful for.


Caedmon's Call - "Thankful"

No comments:

Post a Comment