...music you should know.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

My Morning Jacket - "Lay Low" (2005)

My Morning Jacket are bringing back Southern rock. Their fourth album, simply titled Z, was on most critics’ top ten lists for 2005. The album has a great chilled out feel to it with lots of reverb effects on the guitars and the excellent voice of singer Jim James. Today’s song is my favorite from that album because it’s just a relaxing rock song that has a killer solo near the end. My Morning Jacket appeared on the soundtrack to the Cameron Crowe film Elizabethtown and also made a cameo as the band who jammed out to “Freebird” at the end. Last year they released a double live album and DVD entitled Okonokos, which features live versions of many of the songs from Z as well as much of their older material.



My Morning Jacket - "Lay Low"

No comments:

Post a Comment