...music you should know.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Wheat - "Don't I Hold You" (1999)

Wheat are a band that have been around since the mid 90s but I didn’t hear of them until 2003 when their third album Per Second, Per Second, Per Second…Every Second hit college radio. It had some excellent tracks such as “I Met a Girl” and “Breathe.” I dug it, but never bought it or looked into it much more. Then in 2005 I saw the excellent Cameron Crowe movie Elizabethtown, which features today’s song on its equally excellent soundtrack. “Don’t I Hold You” originally appeared on Wheat’s 1999 sophomore album Hope and Adams, and I probably wouldn’t have heard it if not for Elizabethtown. You can tell that the band has an affinity for extremely long album titles; their fourth album released earlier this year is titled Every Day I Said a Prayer for Kathy and Made a One Inch Square. I haven’t heard anything from this album nor have I heard anything else from Hope and Adams, but I can tell you that the Elizabethtown soundtrack is a good bet and probably the easiest place to find today’s song.


Wheat - "Don't I Hold You"

No comments:

Post a Comment