...music you should know.

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Switchfoot - "Let That Be Enough" (1999)

Before Switchfoot hit it big in 2003 with the monster single “Meant To Live,” they had quietly released three fantastic albums and had been building a loyal fan base. I was first acquainted with them after hearing their third album Learning To Breathe. I was impressed with the quirky pop rock style and insightful and clever lyrics of Jon Foreman. I went backwards from there, discovering New Way To Be Human after my brother picked it up. I think if you’re a true music fan, you have at least once come across a song that speaks exactly what you’re feeling at a certain moment in your life. The lyrics ring so true, it’s like you could’ve written it. This song is like that for me. It talks about being content with what God has given you, despite feeling like nothing is going to work out. The chorus goes like this: Let me know that You hear me/Let me know Your touch/Let me know that You love me/And let that be enough. I know that it should be enough just to know that God loves me and has given me the gift of life, but it’s a constant struggle to remind myself that’s all I need. This song reminds me that I’m not the only person who’s ever felt this way.



Switchfoot - "Let That Be Enough"

No comments:

Post a Comment