...music you should know.

Monday, September 10, 2007

Dredg - "Bug Eyes" (2005)

My introduction to Dredg came in 2001 when I saw them open for Alien Ant Farm at a nearby university. I was psyched to AAF and was also looking forward to the second band Pressure 4-5, whose album I had recently purchased. I remember there being a room full of dudes who were ready to mosh and get crazy and they were all dumbfounded when Dredg took the stage. They were experimental to say the least. I thought it was kind of cool and I would probably enjoy it more now, but at the time I didn’t really know what to think. More than anything else I remember the lead singer playing a steel guitar using a screwdriver as a bow. Four years later, they released their third record Catch Without Arms and this time I was thoroughly impressed. Still quite experimental but much more accessible, Catch Without Arms has plenty of great modern rock songs. My favorite is definitely today’s song, which has a great building intro and exceptional melody.



Dredg - "Bug Eyes"

No comments:

Post a Comment