...music you should know.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sanctus Real - "Say It Loud" (2003)

Sanctus Real is a great Christian band I discovered about five years ago. Now I know that some people immediately turn their brain off when they hear that a band is a “Christian” band, but Sanctus Real is worth being heard. I first heard today’s song on a sampler CD from a Christian book store in the summer of 2002. I really dug this track and was anticipating their debut, Say It Loud, but it didn’t actually come out until the spring of 2003. When I was finally able to get my hands on it, I wasn’t disappointed. It’s a great album of rocking songs with a positive, Christ-centered message. Sanctus Real seem very genuine, not like their trying to make a Christian version of popular secular music. Truthfully I think it’s sad that Sanctus Real limit themselves to only the Christian market. Their songs could easily make it on mainstream radio and then they would have a whole new audience on their hands. They’ve release two other records since Say It Loud, both of which are great, but I still seem to prefer this one. So even if you have an aversion to “Christian” bands, I think you should listen to Sanctus Real and let them change your mind.


Sanctus Real - "Say It Loud"

No comments:

Post a Comment