...music you should know.

Monday, October 22, 2007

Rilo Kiley - "Silver Lining" (2007)

Rilo Kiley is an interesting indie rock band who just released their fourth studio album and major label debut entitled Under the Blacklight. I haven’t had a chance to listen to much of this album but what I’ve heard is excellent. Singer Jenny Lewis has an amazing voice and Blake Sennett’s Guitar licks are as catchy as ever. I had heard of Rilo Kiley for a few years now but didn’t hear anything by them until 2004’s More Adventurous. “Portions for Foxes” was my favorite from that album and it’s proof that they can write a great pop-rock song. But going back to Under the Blacklight, I particularly like today’s song because of it’s slight alt-country feel. It’s just has a little twang to it and is possibly influenced by Lewis’s 2006 solo album Rabbit Fur Coat . For people like me who like random trivia, it’s interesting to note that both Lewis and Sennett were child actors. Lewis appeared alongside Fred Savage in the classic video game movie The Wizard and Sennett was Pinskey in Nickelodeon’s summer camp series Salute Your Shorts.


Rilo Kiley - "Silver Lining"

No comments:

Post a Comment