...music you should know.

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Damone - "Up To You" (2003)

I first heard this song from Damone back in 2003 and I immediately liked it. However, I didn’t actually get their debut From the Attic until about 2005, because I could never a copy of it. I finally came across a used copy and was treated with 11 tracks of female fronted rock and roll. Most of the songs on this album are along the pop-punk lines, but singer Noelle LeBlanc has an amazing voice that reaches beyond that genre. After some label troubles, the band finally landed on Island and released their sophomore album Out Here All Night last year. Out Here All Night was a far harder rocking record and in my opinion a better album than From the Attic. It has a very 80s feel to it with big guitars and and some true power ballads. However, my favorite song of theirs remains “Up To You.” It’s incredibly catchy and has one of the coolest guitar solos I’ve heard in a while.


Damone - "Up To You"

1 comment: