...music you should know.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Jayhawks - "Blue" (1995)

Unlike most of the bands that I highlight here, I know very little about The Jayhawks. I could just regurgitate their band history that I found on Wikipedia, but you can just read that here. All I really know of the Jayhawks is today’s song “Blue.” This song was featured in an episode of one of my favorite shows Scrubs. When I heard it on the episode, it sounded very familiar and I was racking my brain to figure out who it was. I can’t remember how, but I somehow figured out it was The Jayhawks and that it came from their album Tomorrow the Green Grass. I love this song for it’s distinctive melody and the guitar lead as well. It also has an unplaceable old feel to it, like it could’ve come from the 70s. So even though I can’t tell you much about the Jayhawks, I can tell you this song is great and you should listen to it.


The Jayhawks - "Blue"

No comments:

Post a Comment