...music you should know.

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Forty Percent - "Outerspace" (2003)

During my time at KXUL, I discovered that there are a lot of great bands from Dallas, TX. One of which was Forty Percent, who played quite a bit back in 2003. The band have since broken up and they only released one album entitled Portland. I finally found a used copy of it on Amazon earlier this year and I got to rock out to some great songs I hadn’t heard in a while. Forty Percent never saw much success outside the region and it’s hard to tell why. All of their songs have a great pop sensibility and manage to rock you at the same time. Perhaps they didn’t stay together long enough to see how far they could go. Most of the members are in different bands now, none of which I have heard. You can still by the album new, but you can probably find a used copy on eBay or Amazon for cheaper. Today’s song is the first one I heard by them as well as the album opener. It has an Incubus inspired feel to it and it’s incredibly catchy.


Forty Percent - "Outerspace"

No comments:

Post a Comment