...music you should know.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Beautiful Mistake - "The Great Divorce" (2004)

The Beautiful Mistake are a cool rock band from San Diego who have released two full length albums. I first discovered them when I saw this interesting video for their song “On Building” on a compilation DVD. The video was cool, but the song was just ok and not compelling enough to make me want to buy their debut Light a Match, for I Deserve To Burn. A couple years later I heard some tracks from their sophomore release This Is Who You Are and I was impressed with how good they had become. The songs are really focused lyrically and they all have excellent guitar parts as well. Today’s song is my favorite from the album and it takes it’s name from the C.S. Lewis book The Great Divorce. It’s been some time since I read The Great Divorce, but from what I remember the lyrics to this song parallel the story from the book. I would suggest reading the book as well as any other C.S. Lewis you can get your hands on. The Beautiful Mistake are currently on hiatus and this is the last album they have released although they did put out an EP in 2006. This Is Who You Are is an excellent CD to check out and hopefully we haven’t heard the last of The Beautiful Mistake.


The Beautiful Mistake - "The Great Divorce"

No comments:

Post a Comment