...music you should know.

Friday, December 14, 2007

Space Cadet - "The Letdown" (2007)

Space Cadet is one of the best rock bands you’ve never heard. They’ve made their name in the Dallas scene after forming in nearby Denton and have just released their third album for Kirtland Records. I was first introduced to Space Cadet back in 2003 while working at KXUL. We were playing a few tracks from their ironically titled debut Greatest Hits. The songs were very catchy, clever and just really rocked. Something that really stands out about this band is singer Ted Levin’s great voice, which is distinctive enough to separate themselves from other sound-alike rock acts out right now. The band followed up Greatest Hits with the even better Debutante in 2005. When that album came out I got the chance to have the band in studio and interview them. We were also treated to some excellent acoustic performances. In addition to being great live, the guys are also really nice and down to earth. Now Space Cadet has released their third album Closest Thing To Closure which just hit stores this past Tuesday. I’ve yet to hear the entire thing, but I did get my hands on some advance tracks because I know people. Today’s track is my favorite of the ones I’ve heard. The melody is great and the riff is outstanding as well. There’s no reason this shouldn’t be on the radio all over the country. It’s probably just a matter of time before everyone realizes how good this band is, but now you can say you heard them first.


Space Cadet - "The Letdown"

No comments:

Post a Comment