...music you should know.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Filmmaker - "Breathing Room" (2002)

Filmmaker is a Canadian indie/emo/rock band that formed in 2000. After releasing an EP entitled Break This Fall in 2001, the band came out with their full-length debut An Invitation To An Accident in 2002. Today’s song is one that was in heavy rotation when I first started working at KXUL as a freshman in college in late 2002. I couldn’t get enough of this song then and I still think it’s great. The sound is reminiscent of early Jimmy Eat World and The Juliana Theory. I love how this song has distinct parts that are almost like mini-hooks within the song. This is the only song I ever heard from Invitation and apparently the band hasn’t released another record since then. The do have a Myspace page and it looks like they aren’t completely inactive, so keep your ears open.


Filmmaker - "Breathing Room"

No comments:

Post a Comment