...music you should know.

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Gomez - "Notice" (2006)

Gomez is a band I wasn’t very familiar with until I heard “Silence” from their 2004 album Split the Difference. That song sounded like a lot of other indie bands coming from England at the time. I didn’t realize that Spilt the Difference was actually their fourth album since 1998. I dug that song, but didn’t look into them too much more. In 2006 they released their fifth album How We Operate. I was expecting more of the same from this record, but what I heard had much more of an alt-country influence. “See the World” was one example of this. My favorite song has to be the lead track “Notice” which starts with a nice little acoustic riff and slowly builds throughout the song, coming in with a full band and almost rocking out the end.


Gomez - "Notice"

No comments:

Post a Comment