...music you should know.

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

mewithoutYou - "Messes of Men" (2006)

mewithoutYou are one of the most difficult to describe bands in the current music scene. Last fall when I was telling my brother about their excellent third record Brother, Sister, he asked me who I would compare them to. Literally no bands came to mind. This is due mostly to the singing/talking vocal delivery of lead singer/songwriter Aaron Weiss. His songs are basically poems set to music. Brother, Sister is easily the most focused and accessible of mewithoutYou’s three albums. This is truly a record that is best listened to from start to finish. Everything just flows together to create a very unique collection of music. Enough of me trying to explain it: just listen.


mewithoutYou - "Messes of Men"

No comments:

Post a Comment