...music you should know.

Monday, August 20, 2007

The Jealous Sound - "Hope for Us" (2003)

The Jealous Sound are a band I first became aware of in 2004. I had just become music director at KXUL and I was constantly searching for new music to add to the station’s playlist. I came across this song on the 2004 edition of the Take Action! Tour Sampler. The CD was filled with songs from other punk/emo bands, some I heard of and some that were just plain awful but The Jealous Sound seemed to jump out at me. I loved the guitar tone and the melody was undeniably catchy. I dug around in the closet of discarded CDs at the station and I was able to find the album from which the song came, 2003’s Kill Them With Kindness. I checked out the rest of the album and found lots of cool tracks in the same vain as this one, but I ultimately added “Hope for Us” into rotation. Since then I’ve checked up on The Jealous Sound online from time to time. In 2005 they signed a deal with The Militia Group but have yet to release a record. Their Myspace appears to be dormant since last summer and their website offers little info about what they’re currently doing. It’s entirely possible that they are no longer together, but even if they go out only having released one record, this song definitely deserves to have a place in your library.



The Jealous Sound - "Hope for Us"

No comments:

Post a Comment