...music you should know.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Robbie Seay Band - "Shine Your Light On Us" (2007)

Robbie Seay Band are one of the few Christian bands I actually listen to outside of a worship setting. That may sound bad but honestly, most modern worship music just isn’t my cup of tea. That’s not to say there’s no merit in it, I guess it’s just a matter of preference. That being said, Robbie Seay Band are a worship band, leading most Sundays at Ecclesia in Houston, where Robbie’s brother Chris is the pastor. I first became acquainted with Robbie Seay Band after the worship band at my church began playing “Song of Hope” from their 2007 album Give Yourself Away. My interest was piqued and I would find myself singing that song all the time. After hearing them play today’s song, I knew I needed to own this record. “Shine Your Light On Us” is an amazing song with a great melody and a truly great worship song. I was not disappointed with the rest of the album either with standout tracks such as the hard driving opener “Rise” and the hopeful “Love Wins.” In fact, the entire record is hopeful and while it is worship music, it distinguishes itself by not falling into the trap of a million repeated choruses and repetitive chord progressions. RSB are talented musicians and I will continue to look forward to what they have to offer in the future.


Robbie Seay Band - "Shine Your Light On Us"

No comments:

Post a Comment