...music you should know.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Val Emmich - "Get On With It" (2008)

Val Emmich is a talented singer songwriter from New Jersey. I was first introduced to him in 2004 while working in college radio. I played “Privacy Attracts a Crowd” from his major label debut Slow Down Kid. Emmich recorded another album entitled Sunlight Searchparty in 2006 after splitting ways with Epic Records. His latest effort is entitled Little Daggers and it takes its name from a lyric in today’s song. I first heard “Get On With It” playing over the loudspeaker at a store in a mall this past December. It was immediately catchy and I was honestly singing along before the song ended. I remembered the lyrics and used good old Google to figure out that it was Emmich. Once I looked at the album cover for Little Daggers, something seemed familiar about him. I realized that he had guest starred on an episode of one of my favorite shows 30 Rock as Tina Fey’s much too young love interest. He’s also been on a few episodes of Ugly Betty. This is the only song I have heard from Little Daggers, but it is an excellent slice of pop rock with a great hook and clever lyrics.


Val Emmich - "Get On With It"

No comments:

Post a Comment