...music you should know.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Carolina Liar - "I'm Not Over" (2008)

Carolina Liar is a relatively new rock band that recently released their debut full length Coming To Terms. I have to admit that I don’t know much about the band themselves or their origins but I did learn that lead singer/songwriter Chad Wolf originally hails from South Carolina while the rest of the band members are from Sweden. I first heard of them after hearing today’s song in the Ashton Kutcher/Cameron Diaz disaster What Happens In Vegas (or as I like to call it, What Crappens In Vegas.) Seriously, this song was the only bright spot of the movie and I had to wait til the very end to hear it. After finding out who it was I picked up the record and I must say that while there is nothing really spectacular about it, Coming To Terms is a pretty solid debut. There is plenty of pop sensibility to go around as many of these songs seem ready for the radio, which isn’t entirely a bad thing, but in some cases makes the songs forgettable. Among the standouts are the album’s second single “Show Me What I’m Looking For” as well as “Last Night,” which is reminiscent of The Killers circa Hot Fuss. “I’m Not Over” is the lead off track and easily the best song with it’s catchy chorus and memorable synth line. I have always been someone who will buy a whole album rather than pick and choose single songs from iTunes, but if you were only going to get one from Carolina Liar I would go with this.


Carolina Liar - "I'm Not Over"

No comments:

Post a Comment