...music you should know.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Feeder - "We Are the People" (2008)

Feeder is a great band from the UK that I’ve liked for quite a while now. I’ve featured them before actually. The band recently released a new record entitled Silent Cry. I’ve had a copy of for some time now but for one reason or another it has been overlooked. After a suggestion from one of my five readers, I decided to check it out. I was met with the same great hooks anthemic rock tunes I’ve come to expect from Grant Nicholas and co. I’m only one listen in so I don’t really have a favorite track or anything yet but I was particularly impressed by the first song “We Are the People” with it’s huge guitars and soaring vocals from Nicholas. The lyrics to the song also seem to have a lot of spiritual undertones which is something I started noticing about Feeder on their last album Pushing the Senses. Feeder is one of the UK’s best kept secrets and I’m baffled as to why they don’t get more attention here in the States. I’ve always felt that they sound a lot more like Foo Fighters rather than any of their British compatriots. The CD is only available overseas,but Silent Cry is available in the US iTunes store and it comes with two bonus tracks as well. I’m looking forward to listening to this record a whole lot more.


Feeder - "We Are the People"

1 comment:

  1. I don´t understand, why "we are the people" and "tracing lines" are the singles from the album, "8.18" and "who´s the enemy" are so much better.

    ReplyDelete