...music you should know.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Manchester Orchestra - "Simple Math" (2011)

So I may be jumping the gun on this one a bit because the album doesn't come out for another two months, but I had to share the new track from Manchester Orchestra. They have long been one of my favorite bands and I was pumped to see that they have finally released their new single, the title track from their third album Simple Math. The song is definitely not something I would have expected given the raw grittiness of their previous album Mean Everything To Nothing. "Simple Math" takes a different direction with the inclusion of strings and some different guitar tones. The band sounds more polished than ever before, but I think it really works. If nothing else, I'm even more intrigued to see what the full length will hold. So until May 10th, we'll have to be content with this. Click on the album art to download the track for free. There's also a really cool video with lyrics here.


Manchester Orchestra - "Simple Math"

No comments:

Post a Comment